Infant age group: 6 weeks – 16 months
Our goal is to create a strong partnership and incorporate parental care requests in the development of healthy, thriving children.
While we’re together, we work with your little one to create a trusting bond, develop new skills and manage emotions.
Areas of focus
- Literacy - developing language skills and communication through enjoyment of books and awareness of pictures
- Science - learning about the world, how to use objects and problem solving through pretend and play
- Social Studies - building social and emotional skills through self-awareness and being around others
- Arts - experimenting with art materials
- Healthy Habits - promoting physical development by learning movement and motor skills
- Body, Mind and Spirit – building a solid foundation for future growth
Your infant’s day
Your child is truly unique and days are tailored to suit each child’s individual schedules and needs. The day begins with a welcome, and teachers create an environment for a smooth transition from home.
Throughout the day, infants engage in active learning. Together, we explore different environments that include blocks, toys, games, imitation, art, sensory, music and the outdoors.
When it’s time to send children off for the day, our staff assists children in a smooth transition out of the classroom. Parents get information and updates on how the day went for your infant.