The Y Child Care Team continues to plan for educational and enriching before and after school care while taking mindful steps and getting guidance from government, health and education officials. As always, our goal is to provide incredible school age programs that offer safe and healthy ways for kids to learn, grow and thrive.
Child care provided by the Y is more than looking after kids. It’s about nurturing their development by providing a safe place to learn and develop healthy, trusting relationships. In the Y School Age Care program, we incorporate Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) as an education process for helping kids develop fundamental life skills. SEL teaches kids to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships and make responsible decisions. That makes for confident kids today and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow.
Safety is our top priority. Parents/guardians sign their children into the program in the morning and students walk to class when school starts. In the afternoon, students walk from class to the School Age Care Program and parents/ guardians must sign them out at pick up time.
Curriculum Areas of Focus
- Homework Support
- Science/Technology/Engineering/Arts/Math (STEAM)
- Health/Wellness and Fitness
- Conflict Resolution/Social Competence
- Character Development
- Service and Global Learning
Shakopee Area Catholic School
2700 17th Avenue East
Shakopee, MN 55379
Looking for information on other Shakopee ISD 720 before and after school care programs we offer? Learn more.
Registration Form PDFs
- Monday - Friday
- Before School Care: 6:15 a.m. – School Starts
- After School Care: School Ends – 6:15 p.m.
Y School Age Care is closed on the following days: Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day following Thanksgiving and Memorial Day. Release Day Care is available for other days school is not in session.
When the School District calls for a LATE START, Before Care programs are cancelled.
When the School District calls for an EARLY RELEASE, After Care programs are cancelled.
When school is CANCELLED due to extreme snow fall and/or poor travel conditions, YMCA Before Care and After Care programs are cancelled. YMCA will run Release Day programs at the River Valley YMCA.
When school is CANCELLED due to severe cold temperatures, YMCA Before Care and After Care programs are cancelled. YMCA will run Release Day programs at Sun Path Elementary.
Inclement-weather Release Day Programs are open to children already attending YMCA Before Care and/or After Care. Program hours are 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
A “session” is defined as either before school or after school. The 3-session minimum can be reached by combining a.m. and/or p.m. sessions.
- 3 sessions: $38.55
- 4 sessions: $51.40
- 5 sessions: $64.25
- 6 sessions: $77.10
- 7 sessions: $89.95
- 8 sessions: $102.80
- 9 sessions: $115.65
- 10 sessions: $128.50
Fees, Billing and Information
- A non-refundable fee of $50 per child must accompany registration (unless you register within the promotional savings period). You may authorize weekly automatic electronic fund transfers (EFT) on your registration form.
- Session Fees are paid by EFT on Tuesday, the week prior to each week of care.
- Late payment fees are applied Saturday prior to session.
- A permanent School Age Care schedule is required at time of registration. You must register your child for at least 3 sessions per week. You may combine Before and After care sessions to meet the minimum.
- You may add, remove or switch sessions to your child’s weekly schedule. Changes must be made by Monday, one week prior to care.
Child Care Assistance Programs
For those families receiving assistance through the county or other agency, a current Authorization of Service must be on file with our Customer Service Center before fees may be billed to County/Third Party/Agency. Parent/guardian is responsible for full payment until an “Authorization of Service” is received. Include this information on your registration form.
Personal Pricing Plan
This is a needs-based scholarship fund made available through YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities’ Annual Fund. Learn more and apply online.
For questions or assistance, call 612-230-9622 or contact us.