The Y Child Care Team continues to plan for educational and enriching before and after school care while taking mindful steps and getting guidance from government, health and education officials. As always, our goal is to provide incredible school age programs that offer safe and healthy ways for kids to learn, grow and thrive.
Child care provided by the Y is more than looking after kids. It’s about nurturing their development by providing a safe place to learn and develop healthy, trusting relationships. In the Y School Age Care program, we incorporate Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) as an education process for helping kids develop fundamental life skills. SEL teaches kids to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships and make responsible decisions. That makes for confident kids today and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow.
The St. Paul Midway YMCA provides Before and After Care for the St. Paul Public Schools in the St. Paul Midway YMCA servicing area. Children attending surrounding schools can be bussed to school from the YMCA in the morning and from school to the YMCA in the afternoon by the St. Paul school district transportation. Safety is our top priority. Your child will be assisted on and off the bus by a designated Y staff person
Curriculum Areas of Focus
- Homework Support
- Science/Technology/Engineering/Arts/Math (STEAM)
- Health/Wellness and Fitness
- Conflict Resolution/Social Competence
- Character Development
- Service and Global Learning
St. Paul Midway YMCA Program Center
530 Wheeler Street North
St. Paul, MN 55104
Registration Form PDFs
- Monday - Friday
- Before School Care: 6:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- After School Care: 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Y School Age Care is closed on the following days: Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day following Thanksgiving and Memorial Day. Release Day Care is available for other days school is not in session.
When the St. Paul Public School District calls for a LATE START, the Y does not offer before-care during regular a.m. hours. When the St. Paul Public School District calls for an EARLY RELEASE, the Y does not offer after-care during regular p.m. hours.
When school is cancelled due to cold weather, the Y offers care from 7:00AM to 5:30PM.
Inclement-weather Release Day Programs are open to children already attending YMCA Before Care and/or After Care.
If your child attends a Charter School or Alternative School that does not follow the St. Paul Public School District calendar, YMCA Before Care and After Care will be closed on St. Paul Release Days and will not offer care.
If a non-St. Paul Public school has a school closing, but St. Paul Public School District does not, we will offer Before and After Care.
A “session” is defined as either before school or after school. The 3-session minimum can be reached by combining a.m. and/or p.m. sessions.
- 3 sessions: $45.00
- 4 sessions: $60.00
- 5 sessions: $75.00
- 6 sessions: $90.00
- 7 sessions: $105.00
- 8 sessions: $120.00
- 9 sessions: $135.00
- 10 sessions: $150.00
Fees, Billing and Information
- A $10 convenience fee will be charged for any registrations made after one week in advance.
- A non-refundable fee of $50 per child must accompany registration (unless you register within the promotional savings period). You may authorize weekly automatic electronic fund transfers (EFT) on your registration form.
- Session Fees are paid by EFT on Tuesday, the week prior to each week of care.
- Late payment fees are applied Saturday prior to session.
- A permanent School Age Care schedule is required at time of registration. You must register your child for at least 3 sessions per week. You may combine Before and After care sessions to meet the minimum.
- You may add, remove or switch sessions to your child’s weekly schedule. Changes must be made by Monday, one week prior to care.
Child Care Assistance Programs
For those families receiving assistance through the county or other agency, a current Authorization of Service must be on file with our Customer Service Center before fees may be billed to County/Third Party/Agency. Parent/guardian is responsible for full payment until an “Authorization of Service” is received. Include this information on your registration form.
Personal Pricing Plan
This is a needs-based scholarship fund made available through YMCA of the North’ Annual Fund. Learn more and apply online.
For questions or assistance, call 612-230-9622 or contact us.
Children are transported to their schools in the morning and back to the YMCA in the afternoon on Saint Paul School District buses. The Midway YMCA does not provide transportation. Please contact your child's School Office for transportation information or changes.