The Y Child Care Team continues to plan for educational and enriching before and after school care while taking mindful steps and getting guidance from government, health and education officials. As always, our goal is to provide incredible school age programs that offer safe and healthy ways for kids to learn, grow and thrive.
Before & After Care
The Shoreview YMCA provides Before and After Care for children who attend Mounds View School District 621 Elementary Schools. For your convenience, our program is located in your child’s school. Kindergarten care is also offered at Pike Lake and Snail Lake Education Centers. Safety is our top priority. Parents/guardians sign their children into the program in the morning and students walk to class when school starts. In the afternoon, students walk from class to the School Age Care Program and parents/guardians must sign them out at pick up time.
Curriculum Areas of Focus
- Homework Support
- Science/Technology/Engineering/Arts/Math (STEAM)
- Health/Wellness and Fitness
- Conflict Resolution/Social Competence
- Character Development
- Service and Global Learning
School Release Days
Before & After School Care
5500 Quincy St., Mounds View
Registration Form PDFs
Monday – Friday
- Before School Care: 6:30 a.m. – School Start
- After School Care: School End – 6:00 p.m.
School Release Days and Holiday Care
Y School Age Care is closed on the following days: Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day following Thanksgiving and Memorial Day. Release Day Care is available for other days school is not in session.
When the School District calls for a LATE START, Before Care programs are cancelled.
When the School District calls for an EARLY RELEASE, After Care programs are cancelled.
When school is CANCELLED due to severe cold temperatures, extreme snow fall, and/or poor travel conditions, YMCA will run Release Day programs at Sunnyside Elementary and Island Lake Elementary. Inclement-weather Release Day Programs are open to children currently attending YMCA Before Care and/or After Care. Inclement weather program hours for Mounds View School District are 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- 3 sessions: $38.55
- 4 sessions: $51.40
- 5 sessions: $64.25
- 6 sessions: $77.10
- 7 sessions: $89.95
- 8 sessions: $102.80
- 9 sessions: $115.65
- 10 sessions: $128.50
All schools will offer a full-morning care rate for $12.85 per session. Valentine Hills, Pinewood, Island Lake and Turtle Lake Elementary schools will also offer a $6.43 rate for parents that choose to drop off after 8:30 a.m. due to the later start time.
If you are signed up for the half-price AM and full price PM options there is a 3-session minimum for each option (your child must be registered for a total of 6 sessions per week). Registration for half-price sessions are available online only.
Afternoon care at all eight program locations will have one option of $12.85 per afternoon session.
Fees, Billing and Information
- A non-refundable fee of $50 per child must accompany registration (unless you register within the promotional savings period). You may authorize weekly automatic electronic fund transfers (EFT) on your registration form.
- Session Fees are paid by EFT on Tuesday, the week prior to each week of care.
- Late payment fees are applied Saturday prior to session.
- A permanent School Age Care schedule is required at time of registration. You must register your child for at least 3 sessions per week. You may combine Before and After care sessions to meet the minimum.
- You may add, remove or switch sessions to your child’s weekly schedule. Changes must be made by Monday, one week prior to care.
Child Care Assistance Programs
For those families receiving assistance through the county or other agency, a current Authorization of Service must be on file with our Customer Service Center before fees may be billed to County/Third Party/Agency. Parent/guardian is responsible for full payment until an “Authorization of Service” is received. Include this information on your registration form.
Personal Pricing Plan
This is a needs-based scholarship fund made available through YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities’ Annual Fund. Learn more and apply online.
For questions or assistance, call 612-230-9622 or contact us.